Monday, March 7, 2011

Leaving again!

Oh thank goodness, I am going on a trip to somewhere I have never been again! I really miss travelling, and cannot wait to go to Ulukhaktok. Sally got me some parcel paper so I can harass all the ladies up there for patterns.
Technically, I am going there for a career fair on behalf of the museum, but I am more-so taking advantage of travelling to a settlement to experience their culture. Apparently there will be a community feast on Wednesday night and lots of drum dancing.
For the career fair I've made up brochures for all the sections at work, and a nice "presentation board" (really a science fair board with pictures). I feel kinda bad, there will be all the mines and other big companies there who do career fairs on a regular basis. They'll have all this stuff to give away and nice poster boards... and I just have my make-shift board.
I also didn't have a place to stay until noon today, and I am just sleeping in the organiser's house. She's cleaning out her daughters toy room for me to crash for two nights. Super nice. So I'm bringing her up oranges, apples and Tims. haha. Typical trip North.
Anyways, I'm super excited! Another northern community off the list.

No comments: