Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Arctic Winter Games 2012

So it's now day 2 of competition at the Arctic Winter Games here in Whitehorse. I must say it is a beautiful city!!  I'm volunteering here with Sport North as mission staff for volleyball and snowboarding. What a time! Sure is fun! I love these huge events and it's neat to be on the other side... No longer an athlete.  We had opening ceremonies on Sunday night... Same as always, lots of standing :( 
And crazy uniforms, which I love... Wish our orange pants fit! 
Spent yesterday up at Mount Sima cheering on the NWT snowboarders while they did the runs in slopestyle boarding. Pretty sweet, I don't know anything about snowboarding but had a blast... One of our boys narrowly missed 3rd place :(
Today I'm spending the afternoon at the Canada Games Centre. I heard the Russian figure skaters are busting out triples! At AWGs!!?! Then it's the rest of the night in the gym section with my volleyball teams! Go NWT!

No comments: