Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Amisuualoo

In Iqaluit now! Spent the night with two of my favorite cousins - plying darts and dancing. I <3 them.
Took off this morning from YK, had a layover in Rankin and then arrived in YFB. Turns out Thomas was going to pick me up, but 3G phones dont work here. Sad thing is that I knew that! I just assumed that I could make my iPhone non-3G. Big mistake! After some miss-communication I ended up at Meeka's for supper. My annana, inuktitut for mother, showed me all her fabulous sewing. How I would kill for a week learning how to sew with her. Instead I am resolved to sewing on my own, then calling her on Wednesday when I pass back through to gain her approval. I know I will, but it's different sewing with some one against having them approve it...  Her daughter Becky made us supper and showed us these awesome films she's made - check them out! They've gone viral in the Inuk world, and the real world too!
After supper I went back to the bar, Patricia join us and we danced/darted the night away. Sadly she informed me that her grad is at 2pm tomorrow and my flight to Pang is at 3pm! Curses! I called but because my flight is "already in progress" I cannot change it - fingers crossed for the weather going down in Pang for the day tomorrow! I would LOVE to go to her grad tomorrow. Instead I'll be preparing myself for hiking Friday. Bring on Mt. Duval!
Sadly my photos from today wont load... 

No comments: