Tuesday, May 8, 2012

YXP bound

Next big trip coming up! I'm heading to Pangnirtung!
Initially it was to go hiking with my mum and visit my uncle there, but he had to go South for an operation. We're still going, but I wont be getting any shooting lessons from uncle Jeff, nor will we have any other company while there :(
We have to over night in IQ which will be nice, Thomas wont be around, but I'll get to see Patricia and have supper with Meeka. Nathaniel will be south with Barb and Bradaen - Barb's having a baby next Wednesday. Hopefully I can get some sewing ideas from the stores there! I'll definitely be hitting up the weave shop in Pang.
I'm  pumped for the hiking, there will still be a lot of snow on the ground, but that's ok! We're going to make it up Mt. Duval one day, follow the river another, hopefully head over to Kingnait, and possible out to the sound. I will not be heading into the Park, everyone seems so shocked when I say that. Seriously, there is so mych more to the place than the Park. Been there/done that.
I really hope the weather agrees - last time I tried to make it into Pang I got weathered out in Iqaluit the whole time. Not that it was bad, I had a blast and a half with Patricia and Thomas! But I really am just hoping for nice spring hiking :) It's been pretty steady around 0c for the past week - fingers crossed!!

No comments: