Monday, September 10, 2012

St. John's!

On Friday I drove out to St. John's with Janine to visit university friends. Poured rain the drive out! (of course it did)
Arrived in St. John's that afternoon only to turn around again with Sam and Mark to go out to his parents cabin in New Perlican. It was a great time! Super nice cabin too. We played cards all night  with another couple they're friends with. The next morning we went into Heart's Content for breakfast - I love the names out here :) Then spent the afternoon shooting clay pigeons, and I hit one on my third try! The trigger was really hard, didnt bruise my shoulder, but rattled my teeth.

Drove back into the city that night and went to see Lawless. It was a really good film, well, Sam and I thought so anyways. Didn't go downtown though! I think it's the first time I've been to St. John's and not gone downtown.

Sunday, Sam and I met up with two other girls from our class and got all caught up, Maryanne I haven't seen since I left! It was nice to see everyone again:) Mind you, it was really weird to be with the girls and Ange and Jenny not be there :(
Had supper over at Linda's like old times, checked out Signal Hill at night (always nice) while I waited for another friend of mine to drive in from Paradise. We met up at Shamrock City for a drink. I guess that kinda counts as downtown? Anyways, it used to be a bar that Jess, Ashley and I went to a lot in uni, but now it's a live music pub. I much prefer it as the pub! The music was great! I am so glad I got to see some. I know I would have really regretted going into the city and not seeing any live music.

Sadly drove back to granddads this afternoon through blustery winds. Hurricane Leslie is supposed to hit the island tomorrow morning, though by the time I made it back to granddads, it has been down graded to a tropical storm.

Anyways! Another great weekend in St. John's. Next time I need to go in for longer....

No comments: