Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rock and Ice

Well, yesterday Jane and I completed the Rock and Ice. A 49km ski around the lakes outside of town. Jane and I switched off at 26ish km.
Poor her had the hardest leg (longer and skiing into the wind), mine I found quite enjoyable until I entered on to the big lake. Then I wanted to scream, take off my skis and walk. I didnt though, Jane completed her leg, so I needed to complete mine! I finished just before 6:30pm, about 3 hours from when I left Cassidy Point. HOLY F. I was amazed! Just thrilled with myself.
In total, as two girls who just started skiing at the beginning of February, we completed the 49km in 9 hours. Hot dang.
Next year I am definitely training more for it next year, and actually training, not just skiing around on the big lake every weekend for four weeks before the event. Serious training, I want to do it by myself. Our ski coach Jacob completed it in 4:10hrs. Haha, he was done before Jane made it to the Second Checkpoint.
Two weeks until Sweden.

No comments: