Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hej då Sweden!

Well today begins our continental adventure... though we don't actually make it to the continent until Saturday/Sunday.
Tonight we head to Gothenburg for a punk/rock festival... I dont really know how to describe the bands playing... I know the ones I want to see are like celtic punk bands like Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly, but then there are other bands like Rise Against that I'm stoked to see. I hope it's nice out and not raining! Nor any bugs! Cailan met this random guy over the weekend who has an un-used apartment from when he was studying in Gothenburg and has offered to let us crash there for free! Super nice of him, and very trust worthy of us too... but we dont have to pay for the ridiculously expensive hostels!
From there we are heading to Copenhagen on Friday. Another place with wicked expensive hostels (stupid Scandinavia) so we are only staying one night, two days. Hopefully we'll get on a night ferry/train to Germany on Saturday night. We have to be in Lubeck to fly to Pisa. That should be an interesting journey... we dont know how we're getting to Lubeck yet. It's either a 4hr train ride and sleep in the train station/aeroport or take a 9hr overnight train. Blah.
I'm excited for Italy, not just because of the food that I looove, but because a friend of Cailan's is running an archaeology excavation at Tuoro sul Trasimeno for Grant MacEwan. Cool!! I'm stoked for that! It probably trumps all the pasta and pesto I'm gonna eat.
Not sure when my next entry will be so I figured I'd summarize what I know we are doing this far.... I think we anticipate to be in Croatia for July. My birthday present from Cailan is to spend my birthday on a beach. That equals Croatia.

No comments: