Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Croatia still

Well, Rab was a bust, in a good sort of way. Celebrated my birthday on the 1st, a little too hard, and I payed dearly for it on the next day. But we did spend the whole day on this fantastic beach, where... they put kids in inflatable hamster-balls for them to roll around in on top of the water. It was extremely funny to watch, especially when they tried to walk down the ramp that they had just been blown up in. What was more perplexing than the children playing in it, was how are they breathing in a plastic ball? Initially we went to see this beach volleyball tourniment, but yours truly apparently read the year wrong and it was last year... whoops.
Regardless the beach was awesom. I thought that it was gonna be all rocky like in Rijeka, but this beach in Lopar was like a gianormous  sand bar! It was shallow forever! Cailan and I would read until we got too hot then go lie in the shallow water, which was as warm as a bath! I didnt believe it when I read that the water got up to +28, but this was definitely hot water! Which was also full of fish and snails... I manned up and stayed in the water even when the fish passed me by. Hola.
We went out to dinner for my birthday at this place which served smallpox. No joke. What does it translate from?! I should have ordered it... but I never got the vaccination so was a little scared.
Spent my birthday dead in bed. Good thing we were only on a resort island and I could stay in bed. And I dont feel bad about it at all! I had an absolutly fantastic day before. After the beach and supper we hit up a Corona party at our hotel and I partied like I was turning a quarter of a century. I got a straw Corona fedora and I was quite pleased with myself. I dont think I would have changed any of it, even though I sacrificed the next day...
The two friends we made left us on the 3rd, so Cailan and I officially became beach bums, and yes, stayed at the beach/pool for the next few days. I am proud to say I am DARK and not RED.
Yesterday we left Rab and minus a few glitches with catamaran tickets, made it in time back to Rijeka to catch a ferry down the coast to Split.
Once again being cheap... we opted for deck seats, not beds. Which meant sleeping on the floor, out side on the deck, unless you could find floor space inside. Thankfully when we left last night at 8pm it was still +31 out. Soo it wasnt nearly as cold as our adventure sleeping outside in Germany.
Now that were in Split we've got to figure out what to get at. I know for sure we going to check out some cool waterfalls tomorrow. And puttering around the islands next week...
Anyways. Good times!

No comments: