Sunday, August 15, 2010

Berlin, baby!

Well joey and I made it to Berlin! We spent Thursday and Friday touring Stockholm, where we had fantastic weather! We checked out the Vasa Museet which was awesome; it's a salvaged and completely reconstructed boat that sank in 1628. Only minutes after setting sail cause it was top heavy. I amazed Joey by explaining that they probably used PEG to help with the preservation, after learning all about PEG from work. Then later we found a panel explaining how they used PEG! I felt like my education paid off with that one. Friday was my friend Andreas' birthday so we went out for that, super fun, ended up at one point at a makeshift bar under an overpass. Fun! Saturday we arrived in dreary Berlin and walked around all evening. Joey bursting with excitement because he's a huge WW2 geek, so is in his element here. It was kinda chilly and we were both pretty drained from the night before so returned to the hostel for weisse sausages and mustard. Today was a looong day. We did a concentration camp tour. Sachsenhausen. Though I have to admit it didn't floor me like when I visited Dachau? Am I desensitized since I already visited one? This one I felt was not a gripping either... I'm gonna go with it was the tour girls fault? I really can't explain it... Not sure what we'll get at tomorrow? See how long it takes to go to Kiel?

Location:Berlin

No comments: