Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 4


I've been in Örebro now for four days. It has yet to be nice out. I really thought today would be nice, all sunny and whatnot this morning, but then when I was walking down town to enroll in Swedish Language lessons it started to rain :(

Its about a 45min walk down town, not too bad, the first half of the walk, is all along woods and I follow a bike trail. The woods are all green and mossy, with these random big boulders in amongst the trees, and lots of the trees have bird houses . This afternoon on my way back on the bus I got my bearings, seeing as I had only been on it in the dark, and realized that the first 15min or so of my walk is pointless and I've just been walking in a circle around the sub-division when I could just cut through the parking lot on the other side and come out where the the bike trail comes out on the road. Damnit!

So I walked down town to sign up for Swedish classes at the community college, unfortunatly all the reception windows were closed for the day when I got there and I really had no idea where else to go to ask... instead I just walked along the river. It's pretty nice, and I cant wait to see what it'll look like in the summer when all the trees have leaves!
In the some-what centre of town there is a large castle which is on its own island, but it looks dreary...
The rain was starting to come down a little more and I was frustrated so back to Cailan's I went.  

Because of the rain I decided to book my trip to Norway. Get the hostels and where I'm heading all sorted out. I'm going in two weeks! I'm super pumped, it looks soo beautiful! I wanted to do the ferry trip along the extent of Norway, but its just too expensive, not to mention that ALL of Norway is expensive, the cheapest I could find a hostel there was about 50$. Anyways, its all sorted out now except my tickets to and from Oslo, on Saturday I'll venture down there to buy the tickets. 

I'll be back just in time to judge Cailan's school's science fair! Whoop! Funny to think because I hated science fairs when I was in school... and now her classes want to meet me and have me come in on Monday and give them ideas for their projects. Ugh, I cant even remember my projects, cept a citric acid battery and forcing beans to grow toward the sun. 

No comments: