Friday, April 16, 2010

Teaching

Ha, so today I sat in on three of Cailan's classes. Grade 7 science. Preparation for Science Fair!
I was extremely nervous leading up to it, all I could picture was what little shits we were at William Mac... nightmares of what we did happening to me! Oh karma! I really was worried for no reason. The kids were ok, just ok. The mostly asked me how to translate Swedish words into English for their projects or for ideas on what to do their projects. Funny because I despised science fairs, never had any good ideas, and also because I can't spell to save my life. (Three attempts to spell recessive and they were all wrong)  I did receive some bribes of chocolate and ice cream once they found out I would be a judge.
My appreciation for teachers was reiterated today. Her last class just shot elastic bands at each other when she wasn't looking, had marker fights when she left the room...etc. And I didnt feel like I was in a place to tell them to sit down and shut up.
Tonight I think were going on a "tourist adventure" around town - drinking pear ciders and taking rediculous photos of each other around down town.

No comments: